- Miracle chemical ‘cocktail’ could cure spinal cord damage
- Combined expression of pro-regenerative transcription factors and transplanted stem cells to promote corticospinal tract regeneration.
- Structural and Functional Substitution of Deleted Primary Sensory Neurons by New Growth from Intrinsic Spinal Cord Nerve Cells: An Alternative Concept in Reconstruction of Spinal Cord Circuits
- U2FP SCI CureCast now includes the 8th episode!
- Chronic SCI: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at Yale University
- Overexpression of KLF6 in corticospinal tract neurons promotes axon growth after spinal injury
- A potent anti-spastic effect after intrathecal NK1 antisense oligonucleotide or subpial AAV9-NK1-ShRNA delivery in rats with chronic spinal transection-induced muscle spasticity
- Non-Invasive Paired Stimulation and Anklebot Robot to Improve Lower Extremity Motor Recovery in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injury: Using cortical targets to improve motor function
- 43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
- Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin–N-cadherin pathway after SCI
- SCI Stem-cell pioneer enters the political field in California
- Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
- Induction of immune tolerance by short-course immunosuppresion after spinal grafting of allogeneic neural precursors in pigs with previous chronic spinal cord traumatic injury.
- Growth Hormone Improves Sensory Function in Complete Spinal Injury
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Asterias Biotherapeutics
Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
Third patient recovers two motor levels; three of six (50%) patients in AIS-A 10 million cell cohort have now recovered two motor levels on at least one side FREMONT, Calif., June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ –Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: AST), … Continue reading
Paralyzed Man Regains Use of Arms and Hands After Experimental Stem Cell Therapy at Keck Hospital of USC
PRN Newswire: News provided by Keck Medicine of USC. See the Full Article LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Keck Medical Center of USC today announced that a team of doctors became the first in California to inject … Continue reading
Long-Term Studies Reveal Positive Results for Initial Phase of SCI Clinical Trial of Regenerative Medicine-Based Treatment
June 9th, Shepherd Center Atlanta Georgia Asterias Biotherapeutics Inc., a California-based biotechnology company focused on regenerative medicine, recently announced positive results from long-term follow-up studies of five patients – including two treated at Shepherd Center – with thoracic-level spinal cord … Continue reading
Spinal Cord Injury and a CIRM-Funded Stem Cell-Based Trial Jane Lebkowski, Asterias Biotherapeutics’ VP of R&D, spoke to CIRM’s governing Board about the company’s CIRM-funded clinical trial for spinal cord injury. Richard Lajara, the fourth participant in a previous trial, … Continue reading
Early Phase Clinical Trials of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells (AST-OPC1) in Patients with Subacute SCI
Extensive preclinical testing of AST-OPC1 (formerly GRNOPC1) in animal models of traumatic SCI demonstrated that these cells survive, migrate throughout the injury site, and improve locomotor function. Therefore, a phase 1 clinical trial was initiated to assess the safety of … Continue reading
Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: AST), a leading biotechnology company in the emerging field of regenerative medicine, announced today that Atlanta-based Shepherd Center, one of the nation’s top rehabilitation hospitals for spinal cord injury and brain injury, has commenced enrollment … Continue reading
Presented by: Teresa Leezer, CEO RhinoCyte, Inc. is a privately owned biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformational technologies that will change the way neurodegenerative disorders are treated. Founded in 2005, the Company is advancing innovative treatment paradigms that leverage proprietary … Continue reading
California Stem Cell Agency is holding a live “Google Hangout” on Tuesday November 18th, 2014 from Noon to 1PM (Pacific Time). Guests will be Jane Lebkowski from Asterias Biotherapeutics, Roman Reed from the Roman Reed Foundation and Kevin Whittlesey from … Continue reading
A promising treatment for patients with spinal cord injuries was approved today by the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). The spinal cord therapy will test a type of cell found in the CNS (central nervous system) to see if … Continue reading