- Miracle chemical ‘cocktail’ could cure spinal cord damage
- Combined expression of pro-regenerative transcription factors and transplanted stem cells to promote corticospinal tract regeneration.
- Structural and Functional Substitution of Deleted Primary Sensory Neurons by New Growth from Intrinsic Spinal Cord Nerve Cells: An Alternative Concept in Reconstruction of Spinal Cord Circuits
- U2FP SCI CureCast now includes the 8th episode!
- Chronic SCI: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at Yale University
- Overexpression of KLF6 in corticospinal tract neurons promotes axon growth after spinal injury
- A potent anti-spastic effect after intrathecal NK1 antisense oligonucleotide or subpial AAV9-NK1-ShRNA delivery in rats with chronic spinal transection-induced muscle spasticity
- Non-Invasive Paired Stimulation and Anklebot Robot to Improve Lower Extremity Motor Recovery in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injury: Using cortical targets to improve motor function
- 43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
- Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin–N-cadherin pathway after SCI
- SCI Stem-cell pioneer enters the political field in California
- Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
- Induction of immune tolerance by short-course immunosuppresion after spinal grafting of allogeneic neural precursors in pigs with previous chronic spinal cord traumatic injury.
- Growth Hormone Improves Sensory Function in Complete Spinal Injury
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Advocacy
Join Matthew Rodreick, Kate Willette, and guests for our weekly podcast talking about everything related to finding a cure or therapies for paralysis after spinal cord injury. Why should we care about the science and the whole process of bringing … Continue reading
43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
LINK: The Senate Puts Medicaid on the Chopping Block A draft version of the AHCA released Thursday shows even deeper cuts to the program than the House version. The new AHCA is a lot like the old AHCA. After weeks … Continue reading
Hans Keirstead, a pioneering stem-cell biologist and multimillionaire businessman who was a professor at UC Irvine for 14 years, announced Thursday he would join the field of Democrats challenging Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Costa Mesa. Keirstead said the leading motivation for … Continue reading
U.S. Capitol Police arrest people in wheelchairs inside the Capitol Rotunda over Trumpcare Health Bill
A U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman says 54 people, many in wheelchairs, were arrested Wednesday in the Capitol Rotunda as they protested the health care bill being considered in the House. Spokeswoman Eva Malecki says the 41 women and 13 men … Continue reading
Building on the successful model developed in Minnesota, U2FP Advocacy Director Matthew Rodreick is working with local advocates in additional states to pursue research funding at the state level. In Pennsylvania, the local group has already had a bill introduced … Continue reading
Read the Full Article From “The Niche”: Paul Knoepfler Lab stem cell blog “I want to send kudos to ARM and its more than 250 members. For years in this debate there was a bright line between the academics as … Continue reading
Dr. Jakeman discusses the organization of the NIH and its role in funding of research programs on spinal cord injury and related topics. The talk will include an overview of the landscape of spinal cord injury research program support and … Continue reading
Josh delivered the Keynote Address at the 2015 Working 2 Walk Symposium. He suffered a spinal cord injury in 2004 and since that time has been an engaged advocate, providing resources for the community through his websites for Determined2Heal and … Continue reading
Today, CPN President and CEO Ida Cahill joins Federal, state, and local government leaders, non-profit staff and private-sector supporters at a special event in D.C., titled All Hands on Deck: Solving Complex Problems through Prizes and Challenges, at Georgetown’s Downtown … Continue reading
“Confessions of Amateur Activists” – Kate Willette, Matthew Rodreick & Rob Wudlick Working 2 Walk is a fabulous conference where attendees have the opportunity to hear from, meet with, and connect to, leading researchers and advocates — all of whom … Continue reading