Ms. Shogren’s Working 2 Walk 2016 video presentation focuses on the clinical application of epidural stimulation, and how it drives neuro recovery when combined with activity based therapies.Carrie Shogren, OTR/L, has worked at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute since 2001 in outpatient, Independent Living Services, Transitional Rehab Program and now the ABLE program where she is the NeuroRecovery Network (NRN) Community Fitness and Wellness Facility supervisor. She also is a member of the NRN leadership team and co-director of the NRN. Her role includes being part of the workgroup that developed the ABLE program. As an OT and co-director in NRN she is leading a national group working on integration of OT into the clinical NRN sites. Carrie is also the staff supervisor for the adapted yoga program at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute. She was recently published as co-author of “Assessment of functional improvement without compensation for human spinal cord injury: extending the Neuromuscular Recovery Scale to the upper extremities” in the Journal of Neurotrauma.
- Non-Invasive Paired Stimulation and Anklebot Robot to Improve Lower Extremity Motor Recovery in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injury: Using cortical targets to improve motor function
- 43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
- Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin–N-cadherin pathway after SCI
- SCI Stem-cell pioneer enters the political field in California
- Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
- Induction of immune tolerance by short-course immunosuppresion after spinal grafting of allogeneic neural precursors in pigs with previous chronic spinal cord traumatic injury.
- Growth Hormone Improves Sensory Function in Complete Spinal Injury
- Promoting targeted reinnervation of phrenic motor neurons and restoration of respiratory function using BDNF after SCI
- New Pathways for Recovery of Function Following Paralysis
- The Impact of combination biologics on treadmill quadrupedal locomotion after spinal cord hemi-contusion in non-human primates
- Breakthrough Regenerative Therapeutics Company Establishes Scientific Advisory Board
- Oxygen improves blood flow, restores more function in spinal cord injuries
- Discovery Offers New Hope to Repair Spinal Cord Injuries
- Robotic platform maximizing gravity-dependent gait interactions to train standing and walking after neurological disorders
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets