Ms. Shogren’s Working 2 Walk 2016 video presentation focuses on the clinical application of epidural stimulation, and how it drives neuro recovery when combined with activity based therapies.Carrie Shogren, OTR/L, has worked at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute since 2001 in outpatient, Independent Living Services, Transitional Rehab Program and now the ABLE program where she is the NeuroRecovery Network (NRN) Community Fitness and Wellness Facility supervisor. She also is a member of the NRN leadership team and co-director of the NRN. Her role includes being part of the workgroup that developed the ABLE program. As an OT and co-director in NRN she is leading a national group working on integration of OT into the clinical NRN sites. Carrie is also the staff supervisor for the adapted yoga program at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute. She was recently published as co-author of “Assessment of functional improvement without compensation for human spinal cord injury: extending the Neuromuscular Recovery Scale to the upper extremities” in the Journal of Neurotrauma.
- Miracle chemical ‘cocktail’ could cure spinal cord damage
- Combined expression of pro-regenerative transcription factors and transplanted stem cells to promote corticospinal tract regeneration.
- Structural and Functional Substitution of Deleted Primary Sensory Neurons by New Growth from Intrinsic Spinal Cord Nerve Cells: An Alternative Concept in Reconstruction of Spinal Cord Circuits
- U2FP SCI CureCast now includes the 8th episode!
- Chronic SCI: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at Yale University
- Overexpression of KLF6 in corticospinal tract neurons promotes axon growth after spinal injury
- A potent anti-spastic effect after intrathecal NK1 antisense oligonucleotide or subpial AAV9-NK1-ShRNA delivery in rats with chronic spinal transection-induced muscle spasticity
- Non-Invasive Paired Stimulation and Anklebot Robot to Improve Lower Extremity Motor Recovery in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injury: Using cortical targets to improve motor function
- 43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
- Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin–N-cadherin pathway after SCI
- SCI Stem-cell pioneer enters the political field in California
- Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
- Induction of immune tolerance by short-course immunosuppresion after spinal grafting of allogeneic neural precursors in pigs with previous chronic spinal cord traumatic injury.
- Growth Hormone Improves Sensory Function in Complete Spinal Injury
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets