Our cure advocate, Rachelle Friedman speaks out and tells the world about her journey with spinal cord injury. Rachelle takes on advocacy for research towards a cure and explains how the journey begins for people that suddenly find themselves at the mercy of a spinal cord injury that results in paralysis. Check out her article in the Huffington Post from an insiders view and be sure to hit the “LIKE” button and comment at the Huffington Post site too!
Rachelle Friedman, ‘Paralyzed Bride,’ Speaks Out: More Than Equality, We Want A Cure
- U2FP SCI CureCast now includes the 8th episode!
- Chronic SCI: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at Yale University
- Overexpression of KLF6 in corticospinal tract neurons promotes axon growth after spinal injury
- A potent anti-spastic effect after intrathecal NK1 antisense oligonucleotide or subpial AAV9-NK1-ShRNA delivery in rats with chronic spinal transection-induced muscle spasticity
- Non-Invasive Paired Stimulation and Anklebot Robot to Improve Lower Extremity Motor Recovery in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal cord injury: Using cortical targets to improve motor function
- 43 Disability Protesters outside of Senate Mitch McConnell’s office arrested over proposed severe Medicaid cuts.
- Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin–N-cadherin pathway after SCI
- SCI Stem-cell pioneer enters the political field in California
- Patients with Complete Paralysis Show Additional Recovery of Arm, Hand and Finger Function at 9-months After Treatment with Asterias’ AST-OPC1
- Induction of immune tolerance by short-course immunosuppresion after spinal grafting of allogeneic neural precursors in pigs with previous chronic spinal cord traumatic injury.
- Growth Hormone Improves Sensory Function in Complete Spinal Injury
- Promoting targeted reinnervation of phrenic motor neurons and restoration of respiratory function using BDNF after SCI
- New Pathways for Recovery of Function Following Paralysis
- The Impact of combination biologics on treadmill quadrupedal locomotion after spinal cord hemi-contusion in non-human primates
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets